The Hoplite is the weakest of the elite infantry units which are trained at the Academy at Bronze Age. They are great at countering cavalry.
Hoplites are elite Infantry units with a high amount of damage. The Hoplite can easily bring units down, but are relatively slow and vulnerable to archer fire. The Hoplites are best used in hand-to-hand combat. The Hoplite can be upgraded to the more powerful Phalanx, and finally the Centurion, the most powerful infantry unit. The Greeks have the fastest hoplites.
Hoplites and their successors are the most powerful non-siege units in the game.
- Metalworking: Increases attack by 2 points.
- Scale Armor: Increases armor by 2 points.
- Bronze Shield: Increases pierce armor by 1 point.
- Metallurgy: Increases attack by 3 points.
- Chain Mail: Increases armor by 2 points.
- Iron Shield: Increases pierce armor by 1 point.
- Tower Shield: Increases pierce armor by 1 point.
- Aristocracy: increases Speed by 25%
- The Hoplite can be upgraded to Phalanx
- Greek Hoplites are 30% faster
- Carthaginian Hoplites have 25% more HP
- Macedonian Hoplites have +2 Armour when dealing with slingers, archers and ranged siege units, have +2 Line of sight and are 4 times more resistant to enemy conversions
|Age of Empires Units - Những đơn vị quân trong Đế chế|
|Age of Empires|
|Civil - Dân sự||Priest · Villager · Trade Boat · Merchant Ship · Fishing Boat · Fishing Ship · Light Transport · Heavy Transport|
|Infantry - Bộ binh||Clubman · Axeman · Short Swordsman · Broad Swordsman · Long Swordsmen · Legion · Bowman · Improved Bowman · Composite Bowman · Hoplite · Phalanx · Centurion|
|Cavalry - Kỵ binh||Scout · Cavalry · Heavy Cavalry · Cataphract · Chariot · Chariot Archer · Elephant Archer · Horse Archer · Heavy Horse Archer · War Elephant|
|Siege Weapons - Công thành||Stone Thrower · Catapult · Heavy Catapult · Ballista · Helepolis|
|Navy - Hải quân||Scout Ship · War Galley · Trireme · Catapult Trireme · Juggernaut|
|Rise of Rome|
|Armored Elephant · Camel Rider · Fire Galley · Scythe Chariot · Slinger|