- Metalworking: Increases attack by 2 points.
- Scale Armor: Increases armor by 2 points.
- Bronze Shield: Increases pierce armor by 1 point.
- Logistics: Decreases population limit by 1/2.
- Metallurgy: Increases attack by 3 points.
- Chain Mail: Increases armor by 2 points.
- Iron Shield: Increases pierce armor by 1 point.
- Tower Shield: Increases pierce armor by 1 point.
- Macedonian Axemen have +2 line of sight and are more resistant to conversion.
The Axeman in the game is a generic representation of the early stages in a civilization's history, with little or no documentation in many cases, yet it is not unreasonable to consider any civilization having gone through such a stage. Having established itself, the civilization would soon begin to consider alternative uses for the simple weapons they had made. Originally for hunting and defense from animals, axes and clubs en masse can be seen to symbolize the first primitive efforts to organize a military force, the faltering first steps towards more sophisticated weapons and armies.
|Age of Empires Units - Những đơn vị quân trong Đế chế|
|Age of Empires|
|Civil - Dân sự||Priest · Villager · Trade Boat · Merchant Ship · Fishing Boat · Fishing Ship · Light Transport · Heavy Transport|
|Infantry - Bộ binh||Clubman · Axeman · Short Swordsman · Broad Swordsman · Long Swordsmen · Legion · Bowman · Improved Bowman · Composite Bowman · Hoplite · Phalanx · Centurion|
|Cavalry - Kỵ binh||Scout · Cavalry · Heavy Cavalry · Cataphract · Chariot · Chariot Archer · Elephant Archer · Horse Archer · Heavy Horse Archer · War Elephant|
|Siege Weapons - Công thành||Stone Thrower · Catapult · Heavy Catapult · Ballista · Helepolis|
|Navy - Hải quân||Scout Ship · War Galley · Trireme · Catapult Trireme · Juggernaut|
|Rise of Rome|
|Armored Elephant · Camel Rider · Fire Galley · Scythe Chariot · Slinger|